Mass Poetry seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern to support the Program Director in her work.
The position requires approximately 10 – 12 hours per week. Pay is $350/month.
The Marketing & Communications Intern is responsible for:
- Assisting in the curation of a weekly poetry series (either Poem of the Moment or Hard Work of Hope)
- Crafting and scheduling bi-weekly articles on the Mass Poetry website
- Drafting the bi-weekly Mass Poetry newsletter
- Researching poetry events and updating the Statewide Poetry Calendar
- Highlighting monthly Poets in the Spotlight
- Maintaining the New Books & Interviews webpage
- Managing Mass Poetry’s Facebook and Twitter presence
- Managing Mass Poetry’s general information email account.
- Performing outreach and promotion for the bi-monthly U35 Reading Series and other events
- Hosting the bi-monthly U35 Reading Series
- Taking an active role in any events, programming, or contests
Additionally, the Marketing & Communications Intern will work on other tasks as assigned – duties will vary, as the Program Director’s work covers a range of projects and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is motivated and detail oriented with a professional and positive demeanor and excellent communication skills. They will also have experience in outreach and event promotion, as well as website maintenance. Mass Poetry is a small organization, and we are looking for someone whose work will really make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being a multicultural organization. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please apply here by June 15, 2022 with a resume, cover letter and brief writing sample. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.