Mass Poetry, a nonprofit poetry organization headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, seeks an individual with an interest in fundraising events & strong communication skills to serve in the role of Development Assistant Intern.
Mass Poetry envisions a world where poetry catalyzes understanding & connection. We harness the power of words to engage and empower diverse communities across our commonwealth. Our innovative programs spark dialogue, connection, and self-expression. We envision a vibrant, inclusive community that lifts all voices.
Mass Poetry serves an arts-partner-in-residence at GrubStreet’s new Center for Creative Writing at 50 Liberty in Boston’s Seaport District. This pioneering initiative has transformed 13,000-square feet of retail space into a bookstore, literary stage, workshop space, podcasting studio, and a literary hub for all voices. Mass Poetry is also a founding member organization of the Poetry Coalition–a national network of more than three dozen poetry organizations–spearheaded by the American Academy of Poets.
This position supports the Executive Director with Mass Poetry’s fundraising efforts. The position involves travel to Mass Poetry’s headquarters in downtown Boston and requires approximately 17 hours per week. A stipend of $700/month is provided.
The Development Assistant Intern is responsible for these primary responsibilities:
- Assists the Executive Director (ED) in all fundraising activities;
- Works with the ED to research new individual, corporate and foundation prospects and seek new funding opportunities;
- Assists in planning and implementing grant applications and sponsorship requests;
- Assists in writing of proposals, proofreading, creating supporting documents, and other correspondence;
- Processes gifts received from individuals and foundations and manages the acknowledgement process from data entry to mailing out thank you letters;
- Helps to prepare marketing and event materials;
- Provides assistance at Mass Poetry fundraising events;
- Completes other tasks for Mass Poetry as needed.
The ideal Development Assistant Intern candidate has experience:
- Drafting clear, concise communications to present to donors, prospective funders, and stakeholders;
- Using Little Green Light or a comparable database;
- Working with Microsoft Office and InDesign;
- Solving problems quickly and creatively;
- Multi-tasking with ease;
- Working independently to meet tight deadlines;
- Working well as a member of a team.
**Please apply by June 15, 2022. To do so, please upload your materials via this link
Mass Poetry aims to build a diverse, inclusive workplace that lifts all voices. As such, we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Mass Poetry is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.