Welcome to the 3rd annual Common Threads!
This year, Mass Poetry is offering its third annual Common Threads group reading and discussion program for April, National Poetry Month. You’ll be able to find everything you need here to facilitate or participate in a Common Threads group. And don’t forget to come hear the poets read at the Massachusetts Poetry Festival on May 3rd, 4th, and 5th in Salem, Massachusetts. This year there is a special Common Threads reading on Saturday, May 4th at 11 am.
Download the reader’s guide here:
Check out the videos of the living poets reading their own poems as well as those poems of the non-living poets.
- Introduction: Ten Pastorals by Jill McDonough
- watch the video of Jill McDonough
- Leaves by Lloyd Schwartz
- watch the video of Lloyd Schwartz reading Leaves
- Leaves by Afaa Michael Weaver
- watch the video of Afaa Michael Weaver reading Leaves
- To Whom It May Concern by Andrea Cohen
- watch the video of Andrea Cohen reading To Whom It May Concern
- White Paper 38 by Martha Collins
- watch the video of Martha Collins reading White Paper 38
- What to Tweak by Patricia Smith
- Cherishing What Isn’t by Jack Gilbert
- To a Strayed Cat by Stephen Jonas
- watch the video of Andrea Cohen reading To a Strayed Cat
- Tuggin’ by Matt W. Miller
- watch the video of Matt W. Miller reading Tuggin’
- Range-Finding by Robert Frost
- watch the video of Matt W. Miller reading Range-Finding
- Autobiographia Literaria by Frank O’Hara
- watch the video of Lloyd Schwartz reading Autobiographia Literaria
Here’s an article about how to get a Common Threads group started.