Welcome to the 2nd annual Common Threads!
This year, Mass Poetry is offering its second annual Common Threads group reading and discussion program for April, National Poetry Month. You’ll be able to find everything you need here to facilitate or participate in a Common Threads group. And don’t forget to come hear the poets read at a special Saturday session at the Massachusetts Poetry Festival on April 20-22 in Salem, Massachusetts.
Check out the videos of the living poets reading their own poems as well as those poems of the non-living poets.
- “The Author to Her Book” – Anne Bradstreet ( 2012 is the 400th anniversary of her birth)
- “The Fire of Drift-Wood” Part 1- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “The Fire of Drift-Wood” Part 2 – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Poem 1129 – Emily Dickinson ( tell it slant)
- “For the Union Dead” – Robert Lowell
- “The Hardness Scale” – Joyce Peseroff
- “Horseface” – Sam Cornish
- “if see no end in is” – Frank Bidart
- “Out at Lanesville”- David Ferry
- “Baseball” – Gail Mazur