Check this page for special deals and announcements about the Festival. We’ll be adding to the list below as we have other items to report.
- This year we are again using a social media schedule — our “Facebook for Poets”– that allows you to register, choose the events you wish to attend, and connect with your friends. You also can and post your events to Facebook and Twitter.
- Please reserve your seat at the workshops and other programs with limited seating. Already three of the workshops are filled and several are near capacity.
- The Poetry Trains & Trolleys are back! Listen to poetry on the way to Salem in a special poetry car on the Newburyport/Rockport Linedeparting from North Station:
- Saturday, April 21: Train 1105 departing North Station at 10:15 AM
- Saturday, April 21: Train 1109 departing North Station at 12:15 PM
- Saturday, April 21: Train 1105 departing North Station at 2:15 PM
- Sunday April 22; Train 2109 departing North Station at 12:15
- On Saturday morning a Poetry Trolley will loop among the venues with poets performing on board at no cost if you have your festival button.
- Buy buttons for the Festival at the following places (Keep checking; we have more listed.):
The Book Shop of Beverly Farms – 40 West Street
Brookline Booksmith - 279 Harvard Street
- Newburyport, MA
Jabberwocky Bookshop - The Tannery Marketplace, 50 Water St.
The Roost - 40 Front StreetSophia’s – 105 Essex Street
Scratch Kitchen 245 Derby St 978-741-2442 http://scratchkitchensalem.com
The Hungry Whale - 72 Wharf St 978.745.6659 http://www.facebook.com/thehungrywhale i
Gulu Gulu Café - 247 Essex Street (978) 740-8882 www.gulu-gulu.com
Salemdipity – 86 Wharf Street on Pickering Wharf
Salem Witch Museum – 19 ½ Washington Square North
Salem Trolley Depot – 191 Essex Street (on the Pedestrian Mall)
Grolier Bookstore - 6 Plympton Street 617)547-4648
Porter Square Books - 25 Whilte St ( Porter Square Shopping Area) 617)491-2220
Rodney’s Books - 698 Massachuetts Ave., Central SquareHarvard Book Store – 1256 Massachusetts Avenueiiii
Concord Bookshop - 65 Main Street 968)369-2405
Spirit of ’76 Bookstore 107 Pleasant St 781-631-7199 http://hugobookstores.com/spirit
- Check Hotel discounts for festival attendees.
- Thinking about attending the festival, but want to know more? See our video of last year’s festival.
- We still need Volunteers to help at the festival.
- Special restaurant deals include:
- Essex NY Deli & Pizza
Museum Mall Place — adjacent to the Small Press Fair on Saturday
Show your Poetry Festival Button for 10% off
- Capts Waterfront -Premium Steak & Seafood Grill
94 Wharf Street, Pickering Wharf (978) 741-0555 | Capts.com
Show your Poetry Festival Button to receive 10% discount off lunch and a 15% discount off dinner.
231 Essex Street 978.745.2411
Show your Poetry Festival Button to receive a 10% discount on food purchases
- The Regatta Pub
The Salem Waterfront Hotel, 225 Derby Street (978) 740-8788
Use the coupon in the Poetry Festival Program to receive a free dessert from the new dessert menu with the purchase of any lunch or dinner entrée! Offer expires May 15, 2011.
- Victoria Station & Vic’s Boathouse
86 Wharf Street, Pickering Wharf (978) 745-3400 | VictoriaStationSalem.com
Show your Poetry Festival Button and save 15% off your meal (does not include liquor, tax or gratuity).
- For more information on Salem, restaurants, hotels, & shopping go to our partner DestinationSalem